If you've discovered this web site, chances are you're in the midst of planning a special event. You've got a lot of responsibilities on your plate:
Of course you want everything to go smoothly. You want people to have a good time, to enjoy the event and one another. But more than that, you want your audience to go away changed. You want more than just another gathering, another testimony, another indulgent weekend. If you're being completely honest, you want something supernatural to happen, something bigger than the sum of its parts. Whether you are training writers, inspiring new moms, encouraging women, or bringing an important message to a large audience, you want that perfect someone to inspire your group. And right this minute, you're wondering how can I find a speaker who can deliver that? Let me help you:
Ask Great Questions:
Great planning goes a long way toward ensuring a successful event. You'll find lots of tips on these pages. But more importantly, you want a speaker who matches your audience's expectations. Here are some questions you should ask when considering a speaker:
- Can she mold her presentation to the unique needs of your group?
- Does she consider demographics, age, maturity, faith background, responsiveness?
- How much real-time experience does she have behind the podium?
- Can she gracefully handle the difficult or awkward questions your audience will pose?
- Can she cry with those who hurt?
- Does she bring a great sense of humor? Can she tell a good story?
- Does she truly care about people?
- (Or does she simply want to sell her products at your event?)
- If necessary, can her message resonate with audiences of all ages?
My hope is that this website will help you find the perfect speaker for your event. Of course, I'd love to be your first choice! I bring 30 years of teaching experience, deep compassion, laugh-out-loud humor, years of wisdom, lots of life experience, and twenty years of writing/publishing to every event. With more than 35 years of marriage, (yes, to the same man!) and four adult children, I've been through lots of life. A born communicator, (not every author is, you know) I'm determined to see old things in new ways, to cut through entrenched thought patterns in order to bring a fresh perspective. I'd love to help your group move on to new heights. Let me help you create the event of your dreams.
On these pages, you'll find recommendations from past audiences, a summary of my available topics, links to my writing website, suggestions for planning your retreat and most importantly, a MP3 of a recent 20 minute session. Take your time enjoying the information here. If you need more, just ask. I'm only an email away!